WHAT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POINT GUARD? – Sherri Coale, Oklahoma Women’s Basketball Head Coach
- When you go negative, it gets better 0% of the time.
When a player messes up = they look around
- “the most important 3 seconds.”
- Coaches/Teammates can:
- Confirm they messed up or
- Build them up
- 3 Steps to get your teammate back to positive:
- Acknowledge your teammate who is struggling
- Interrupt your teammates negative thought process
- Replace your teammates thought with a good & useful thought
*Comes down to you getting to know what works for your teammates
& delivering that message to them.
October 7, 2020
CATEGORY: News & Press Releases, The Gun